Where shall I start? This month has been an interesting one, to say the least.
I have met some fantastic people and been to some amazing events! I feel like in 4 weeks, I have been able to make a good start on the goals I set out on my 30 things to do before 30 list.
In order for me to stay on track, I am writing a monthly check in to self-reflect, as I believe it is the best way to assess my progress, set myself micro goals and discipline myself to meet them. When using the values and principles of self-reflection, I ask myself a few key questions.
The Art of Self-Reflection
1. What are my goals? Often we can lose sight of a goal and need to be re-routed back, so it is always good to regularly look over your goals. Also, our goals can change. There is absolutely nothing wrong with this.
2. Have I organised myself well enough to meet my goals? It’s all good and well setting a goal, but you have to plan and ‘DO’! If you do not plan, it is less likely that you will achieve a goal. Have I managed my time well to ensure I can ‘DO’?
3. Have I met my goals? If not, why not? It is really crucial to assess whether you have or have not achieved a goal. If you have not been able to achieve a goal, don’t worry! YOU CAN DO IT. Have you ever had a week where you have eaten rubbish and promised yourself you would start a diet the following Monday? Yep, so have I for the past God knows how many Monday’s!
4. Have I, or am I doing well? You must, must, MUST look at the positives. In every negative, there is always something that you can find as positive, even if it is the fact that you have more motivation to do better next time. If you are struggling to find positives, you may want to consider a life coach to help you through. Contact me if you need support with this. I know a few really good ones 🙂
5. Can I do better next time? Let’s face it, we can all learn from ourselves, although some people do struggle to find room for improvement and others struggle to see good in anything they do! I am somewhere around about the middle of the spectrum and feel I have a balanced view of myself. Humble, I call it.
What have I achieved this month? Here’s my Month 1 Review
(If you want to see the full list of 30 things which includes the corresponding numbers below, please click here)
This was number two on my list of 30. The aim was for me to find a cause I believe in and volunteer my time. Well, I have found an amazing charity called Sienna’s Footsteps. Fundraising events are taking place to raise money for little Sienna, who needs a life-changing operation to help her walk.
On Friday 18th May 2018, I will be a Quiz Master!! Eeek! I am certainly no master but will try my best. I have spent time putting together a quiz for all of the guests to enjoy. I am really looking forward to being able to raise some extra funds for this beautiful little girl.
If you want to read more about her story and make a donation, please click here.
3. Develop my self-confidence
Little by little, my self-confidence is growing and changing. I feel more sure about myself and my journey and feel happy about the woman I am. Each and every day that goes by, I give thanks for having the opportunity to help people and make a difference in some way. I give thanks for life and I give thanks for another chance to be the best me I can be.
One act of self-confidence boosting I have undergone this month is filming, editing and posting my first ever YouTube video! Read on and you will spot it in the post below.
7. Save a little each month to invest in me
I now have a little pot which sits on my desk and contains £10. I decided that I would save a minimum of £10 per month over the next 12 months to do something for me. Whether I decide to buy an online course, go for a massage or buy a new handbag, I am going to use this money for something that makes me happy. By the end of the 12-month journey, I will have at least £120. That’s enough for an overnight break or a really good spa day!
12. Spend more time with loved ones
It really is so easy to get caught up in everyday life and before you know it, 3 months have gone by. One of my 30 things to do before 30 is to spend more time with loved ones. This month I have been busy every weekend spending time with people who I regard as very close to me. Of course, I have not been able to fit them all in, but I am still continuing to make arrangements to meet up with and spend quality time with loved ones.
One of the most memorable moments of this month was going out for a birthday meal with my mum and brother. It hasn’t been just the three of us for the longest time. We were able to reflect on old times and how much we have come through. It made me realise how important it is so important to connect with your parents and siblings and maintain those very important relationships.
14. Watch Less, Read More
I can honestly say, I have definitely watched less TV over the past month but I have not had much time to read more books. Going forward, my aim is to finish at least one book this month! I know that may sound very achievable, but when you are tired, over-worked on the laptop, hold down a job, cook, clean, just about sleep.. oh! and look after a 4-year-old (who is often irrational), getting into the zone for reading can be very difficult.
So last month I purchased ‘The Life-Changing Magic of Not Giving a F**K’ and this month, I am going to finish it!
15. Silent Rave
Yes! I did it! I attended a silent rave and boy did I have fun! I went with two of my closest friends and we had a really good time. If you haven’t been to one before, I would highly recommend it! If you follow me on Instagram, you may have already seen my YouTube review. If not, go check it out below.
Would I go again? Watch to find out.
Summary of the Month
This month has set me in good stead for the remaining 11 months before I turn 30. My confidence is growing and I feel that I am helping more and more people, which brings me joy! I honestly love to see people doing well and I want my journey to be all about living the best and happiest life I can and help others do the same. Of course, we have to appreciate the seriousness that life brings, I know all too well about how life can take a turn. But ultimately, my journey is about staying sane and helping others to do the same, by having more and more happier days.
Stepping out of my comfort zone has expanded to new levels this month, YouTube being the keyword! In order to make a change, you really have to step out of your comfort zone. Yes, it may feel a little scary at first but it sure is worth it.
Self-reflection is an art that will help you to evaluate where you are and what you can do to improve, change or re-direct. Why not try asking yourself the key questions above? It is never too late to set yourself some new goals.
In month 2, I plan to focus a bit more on self-love, relaxation and increasing my knowledge. Look out for month 2 review on 3rd May 2018.
Thanks for reading 🙂
Keep smiling and be happy. You are blessed.